How to Create a Help Desk Ticket From Within a Chat Window
ProProfs Chat enables you to create a Help Desk ticket without leaving the chat window. This saves your operators a good deal of time and equips them to deliver an improved customer service experience. Your operators can also attach chat transcripts during ticket creation and access their Help Desk inboxes directly from the chat window.
Benefits of creating a ticket from within the chat window:
- Reduce response time
- Save time that operators otherwise invest in ticket creation
- Improve customer experience
In this article, you'll learn:
- How to enable Live Chat and Help Desk integration
- How to create a Help Desk ticket from within a chat window
1. How to enable your Live Chat account integration with Help Desk
Step 1. To connect your ProProfs Chat and Help Desk accounts, go to Settings and then click General, from your Chat Dashboard.
Step 2. Here, trace 'Help Desk' and click ‘Yes’ to enable it.
Step 3. Once enabled, the following message appears confirming Help Desk integration with your Live Chat account. Easy, isn’t it!
Step 1. While on a chat window, you can create a ticket by clicking the + button right next to the ‘Tickets’ tab.
Step 2. When the following window slides open, enter the ticket details as highlighted in the screenshot below.
1. Select the Help Desk inbox you want to send the ticket to.
2. User email address is automatically picked up by the system. This field is not editable.
3. Enter the subject for the ticket.
4. Explain the issue in the ‘Message’ box. This field is optional.
5. Select ‘Yes’ for ‘Do you want to attach a transcript?’ if you want to include the chat transcript.
6. Click Create.
Alternatively, you can also create a ticket by:
Click on the dropdown arrow next to the ‘End Chat’ button. Then, click Create Ticket.
Or, click on the ‘End Chat’ button and then click ‘Yes’ for the message ‘Do you want to create a Ticket?’
Step 3. You can now go to the ‘Tickets’ tab to see that the ticket is listed there as ‘New.’ Clicking on the ticket will take you to the corresponding Help Desk inbox, where you can see it in detail.
Here’s how the ticket looks like in your Help Desk inbox.