How to Create & Manage Operator Groups
Create operator groups and manage chats with your customers and website visitors accordingly. You can assign a keyword and URL to specific operator groups and, based on them, route chats to a particular group.
For example, if you've assigned the URL https://www.proprofs.com/chat/pricing/ to an operator group called 'Sales', chats initiated by your website visitor on that URL are routed to the 'Sales' group. All operators in this group receive the chat invite depending on whoever is free.
Benefits of creating operator groups:
- Automatically send customer chat invites to the right groups
- Reduce the response time to a customer query
- Improve the overall efficiency of your customer support
In this article, you’ll learn:
- How to create an operator group
- How to manage an operator group
- How to create group-specific pre-chat forms
The screenshot below gives step-by-step instructions for creating an operator group.
1. From your ProProfs Chat dashboard, go to the Operators section.
2. Go to the Groups section.
3. Click +Create Group.
4. Enable or disable this particular group.
5. To customize this group, begin by entering the group name; for example, 'Sales'.
6. To route customer chat invites to the 'Sales' group, you can choose one of the following three options:
- When your website URL 'is all pages' - It means the entire website you've embedded the ProProfs Chat on. When your customer or website visitor initiates chat on any webpage of your website, it goes to the 'Sales' group.
- When your website URL 'contains' - You can provide a part of your website URL as a keyword in this option.
- When your website URL 'is' - You can enter a particular URL in this option. For example, you can provide the URL of your product pricing page here and any customer chats initiated on your product pricing page will be sent to the 'Sales' group.
7. Click Manage Operators to add and remove your chat operators in the 'Sales' group.
8. When you're done customizing the operator group, click Save.
Managing an operator group is as easy as creating one. Just click on a group to expand it and you can edit it there.
Step 1. To create a pre-chat form for a group, go to Settings >> Pre Chat.
Step 2. The screenshot below explains how you can create group-specific pre-chat forms.
1. All the groups you create become available in the Group dropdown list. Select a group to create a pre-chat form for that particular group. For example, ‘Sales’.
2. Enabling the pre-chat form lets you request specific information from your website visitor before initiating the chat. Disabling this option removes the pre-chat form and allows them to start the conversation directly.
3. Customize the header text of the pre-chat form. You can see the live preview of the form on the right side.
4. Feel free to customize the screen message (greeting).
5. Customize the Submit button text.
7. Customize and switch the order of the fields. Email and Name are the default fields that you can customize but can’t delete.
8. Click Save to finish creating the pre-chat form for an operator group.