How to Create a ProProfs ChatBot
ProProfs ChatBot enables you to automate live chat on your website and save precious time for your operators for more pressing issues. From booking appointments to creating a ticket to helping users with self-help articles (like the one you are reading right now), ProProfs ChatBot does it all. Our AI-powered chatbot responds to visitors instantly and delivers a delightful support experience. What's more, ProProfs ChatBot can quickly transfer the chat to a human operator anytime your website visitor wants.
Make use of our professionally built, ready-to-use, customizable bot templates that have preset responses that simulate human conversation. Or, if you would like to design your bot responses your way, you can create new ChatBots from scratch for specific purposes, such as lead generation, booking appointments, customer support, and so on.
Benefits of using ProProfs ChatBot:
- Provide instant, 24x7 customer support
- Keep operators free for more pressing issues
- Drive user engagement
- Improve customer support experience
- Generate qualified leads
In this article, you’ll learn:
- How to create a ProProfs ChatBot
- How to edit and delete a ProProfs ChatBot
- How to access ProProfs ChatBot settings
- ProProfs ChatBot templates
Step 1. To create a new ProProfs ChatBot, go to your account settings >> then select Bot and click Create a Bot.
Step 2. Click 'Create from Scratch' to create a new Bot or you can choose one of the three Bot templates and customize them according to your requirement. Let's continue to create a new Bot.
Step 3. The box highlighted in the screenshot below is called 'Interaction Panel'. Click anywhere on it to start editing.
Step 4. Follow the instructions below to customize the 'Interaction Panel' for creating the required message/response.
1. Customize the ‘Interaction name.’ The first interaction panel is ideally meant for welcoming the visitor to the chat. The ‘Interaction name’ is only meant for recognizing this particular interaction message or response. It’s not visible to the visitor.
2. Enter the welcome message here. For example, ‘Hello there! I'm ProProfs ChatBot.’
3. If you want your visitor to respond to this particular message, enable the option ‘Would you like the user to respond?’ Since this is simply a welcome message, you may not want the visitor to respond to it.
When you’re done, click Save. Your Bot’s first interaction message is ready. You can click Preview to see how it appears in a chat.
Here's how the message appears to the end-user.
Based on the current message (and on the visitor’s expected response, if applicable), you can create your next message or response by clicking on the + button.
For example, the Bot could next ask the person’s name. Follow the numbering in the screenshot below to see how to create such a response.
1. Enter the ‘Interaction name’ and your response.
2. Since it requires a reply from the visitor, enable the option ‘Would you like the user to respond?’
3. Select the most appropriate ‘Response Type’ for your question. For example, you’re asking the visitor's name, so it’s suitable to select ‘Text Response’. This allows your visitor to type in their name. Similarly, you can choose a different ‘Response Type’ according to the nature of your question.
Let’s take a quick look at what each ‘Response Type’ means:
- Multiple Choice: Use this when you want the visitor to make a choice. For example, you can ask them which product they are interested in from the available options.
- Text Response: Use this when you want the visitor to write their response. For example, their name, email, query, etc.
- Date & Time: Use this in case you want to fix a call appointment with the visitor.
- Choose from a list: Like ‘Multiple Choice,’ the options are shown in a list from which the visitor can select one.
- Submit A Ticket: Use this option to create a ticket for this particular conversation with the visitor.
- KnowledgeBase: Use this to share some of our help articles (Requires ProProfs Chat integration with ProProfs Knowledge Base).
- Send to Operator: Use this to enable the visitor to transfer the chat from the Bot to an operator.
When you’ve created the next response, click Save. The screenshot below shows how the interaction flow appears so far.
You can continue to add more responses by clicking the + button. You can also click on the + button between two ‘Interaction panels’ and modify the interaction flow if you want.
Here's an example of how the ChatBot messages appear in a chat window.
Simply click Edit on the Bot you want to make changes to. To delete a Bot, click Delete.
Step 1. Each ProProfs ChatBot has its own settings. To access, click Settings on the required Bot.
Step 2. Here’s a screenshot of a Bot’s settings menu, explaining all the editable options.
1. Customize the Bot name depending on its purpose. For example, you can name a Bot ‘Pricing Plans Bot,’ if you want it to tell your visitors about the available pricing plans. The Bot name is only visible to you and not to the visitor.
2. Customize the display name of the Bot. This is displayed on the chat window and is visible to the visitor as well.
3. Click on the ‘Show bot when’ dropdown to decide when you want the bot to appear. You can choose to show when: Chat is Online, Chat is Offline, and Chat is Online/Offline.
4. You can set conditions related to your website URL for a particular Bot to become active. You can activate a Bot when your website URL:
- Is all pages: It means this Bot will be active on all webpages of your website.
- Contains: This Bot will be active only on those URLs that contain the mentioned keyword.
- Is: Enter a particular URL where you want the Bot to be active.
5. Change the Bot icon. When you’re done with the Bot settings, don’t forget to click Save.
By default, these are the Bot templates you can choose from: ‘Appointment Bot,’ ‘Ticketing Bot,’ and ‘Lead Generation Bot.’
Let’s understand what the standard Bot templates are intended for:
Appointment Bot: This allows your visitors to book an appointment according to their convenience. It’s suitable for demos, meetings, etc. Below is the preview of the ‘Appointment Bot’ initiating a chat.
Ticketing Bot: This Bot creates a ticket for your visitor right from the chat window. Here’s the preview of the ‘Ticketing Bot’ initiating a chat.
Lead Generation Bot: This Bot is intended to capture visitor details for lead generation. Below is the preview of the ‘Lead Generation Bot’ initiating a chat.