How to Enable Chat Routing for Operators
Chat Routing enables you to decide how incoming chat requests are handled. You can set up chat routing time within which an operator can accept a request or let it transfer to the next available operator.
ProProfs chat routing functionality is based on the round-robin concept, which means a chat request goes to each operator according to their routing order. An operator can either accept the chat request within your specified time limit or it goes to the next operator automatically.
Benefits of chat routing:
- Never miss an incoming chat request
- Delight customers with prompt support
- Automatically send chats to the next available operator
- Route chats to the right group
To set up chat routing:
Step 1. Navigate to the Operators tab under the settings and follow the steps as highlighted in the screenshot below.
1. Enable ‘Chat Routing,’ then enter the ‘Chat Routing Time,’ which is the time interval after which an incoming chat request is transferred to the next available operator.
2. You can shuffle the ‘Routing Order’ in which your operators will receive the incoming chat request. And it's simple, the operator at the top of the routing order is the first to receive the request.
Click Save when you’re done.
If you have multiple operator groups and a chat request is sent to a particular group, the operators within that group receive the chat request based on their routing order.